Student Advisory Committee
SAC provides a vehicle to communicate student perspectives related to IPE to faculty, deans, and the health science schools. Founded in 2018, the IPE Student Advisory committee is responsible to, and directed by, the Executive Committee (EC) of the Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education. The overarching charge of the Student Advisory committee is to increase and promote active and meaningful participation in IPE among students, with the ultimate goal of ensuring students are prepared to work in collaborative environments.
Announcing the 2021-22 Co-Chairs!
- Logistics and Administration Co-Chair: Nikki Trupiano, Medical School
- Research and Collaboration Co-Chair: Kelsey Dods, School of Dentistry
- Meeting Coordination and Curriculum Co-Chair: Tommy Lau, School of Dentistry
2021-22 IPE Student Organizations Representatives
- Blueprints for Pangaea: Aparna Reddy
- Health Policy Student Association (HPSA): Sienna Mark
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement-Open School (IHI-OS): N/A
- Interprofessional Health Student Organization (IHSO): Emily Wendel
- U-M Student Run Free Clinic (UMSRFC): Sanaya Irani, Simona Martin
- Sling Health: Vahram Gamsarian
* See the Interprofessional Student Organizations page for click-throughs to their websites.
2021-22 IPE School Representatives
- Dentistry: Mitchell Kennedy, Jade Mourad
- Kinesiology: Joe Shoemaker, Mary Koje, Sarah Gould
- Medicine: Caroline McGowan, Bela Parekh
- Nursing: Jen Riske, Laurel Machiele
- Pharmacy: Nicole Roberts, Ashton Strother
- Social Work: Allison Flugenti, Frances Dean
- Dentistry: Stuart Coffey, Kelsey Dods
- Occupation Therapy (Flint): Laura Willard