Student Advisory Committee
SAC provides a vehicle to communicate student perspectives related to IPE to faculty, deans, and the health science schools. Founded in 2018, the IPE Student Advisory committee is responsible to, and directed by, the Executive Committee (EC) of the Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education. The overarching charge of the Student Advisory committee is to increase and promote active and meaningful participation in IPE among students, with the ultimate goal of ensuring students are prepared to work in collaborative environments.
Introducing the 2020-21 Co-Chairs:
- Katie Cavagnini, Social Work, SAC Collaboration Chair
- Jia Jingqi (JJ), Dentistry, SAC 101 Task Force Chair
- Kelly Powell, Pharmacy, SAC Curriculum Committee Chair
- Nikki Trupiano, Medical School, SAC Collaboration Chair & Scholarship Lead
Recent Representatives from IPE Student Organizations:
- Blueprints for Pangaea: Naquia Unwala, LSA
- Health Policy Student Association (HPSA): Sarah Rosenblum, Public Health
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement-Open School (IHI-OS): Stephanie Cohen, Public Health and Social Work
- Interprofessional Health Student Organization (IHSO): Michelle Azar, Pharmacy
- U-M Student Run Free Clinic (UMSRFC): Aurelie Tran, Medicine
* See the Interprofessional Student Organizations page for click-throughs to their websites for event info.