HPSA/MESA Case Competition
As health care challenges continue to grapple the nation, the Health Policy Student Association (HPSA) and the Michigan Healthcare Executive Student Association (MHESA) are excited to announce the Inaugural Health Policy Case Competition (HPCC). Teams of 3-5 students will have the opportunity to develop and pitch their unique solution to tackle a serious healthcare challenge: access to health care services. Teams will have the chance to present a policy brief and PowerPoint presentation to experts within the healthcare field and compete for $8000 dollars of prizes:
$4,000 First Place; $2,000 Second Place; $1,000 Third Place; $1,000 Best Solution to Address Poverty
Team captains can register their teams by filling out the Google Form (link below). Don’t have a team? You can sign up as an individual and be placed on a team. Register as soon as possible as spots to present to our expert panel of judges fill fast and we do have a cap on capacity for the competition.
Registration link: https://forms.gle/s16bH26DdKAuLMiq7
- Wednesday, March 10th – 11:59 pm ET: Registration closes for Individual participants.
- Thursday, March 11th: Individual participants matched with team members.
- Friday, March 12th – 11:59 pm ET: Team Registration closes if not at capacity.
- Sunday, March 15th – 5:00 pm ET to Monday, March 22nd – 5pm ET: Case released and Policy brief and Powerpoint submission due.
- Friday, March 26th 12 pm – 2pm ET: First Round Presentations
- Friday, March 26th 2pm – 3pm ET: Networking Session (Open to the Public)
- Saturday, March 27th 10 am – 12pm ET: Top 4 Finalist Presentations
- Saturday, March 27th 3 pm – 4pm ET: Keynote Speaker and Award Ceremony (Open to the Public)
HPSA and MHESA hope that HPCC can become a tradition of problem-solving excellence here at the University of Michigan. We hope that you join us on this adventure not only to possibly win a cash prize but also to solve critical challenges in healthcare policy.